- Feb 09 2019
- 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Third Space Soul Care Day
Spend Saturday morning experiencing a time of renewal and space as we focus on the theme: Meaningful Work & Rest.
This event is FREE and open to the community. RSVP by clicking HERE!
Soul Care Day SCHEDULE:
8:30am – Coffee & Community
8:45am – Opening Session: Meaningful Work & Rest
9:45am – SESSION A: Yoga OR Baking Bread
11:00am – SESSION B: Float between these options:
Journaling, Art Mindfulness, Labyrinth Walk, Quiet Space, Art Exhibit
12:00pm – Closing Lunch: Fresh Baked Bread & Soup
Childcare is provided for free – please call the church to RSVP 608-257-4845.
Soul Care Day
- 8:30am - 8:45am
- Coffee & Community
- 8:45am - 9:45am
- Opening Session: Meaningful Work & Rest
- The Opening Session will focus on the theme Meaningful Work & Rest and include teaching, hands-on practices, and reflective songs. (led by CPC members Barry Sherbeck, Rich Henderson, and music led by Natalie Handley)
- 10am - 11am
- SESSION A: Yoga OR Baking Bread
- Yoga in the Chapel (led by CPC member and Registered Yoga Instructor: Kate Mayefske) Practice balancing postures both seated and standing, and contemplate your life course toward deeper fulfillment. Open to all levels with modifications available. Please dress comfortably and bring a yoga mat or beach towel. OR Baking & Breaking Bread (led by CPC member Aaron Considine) Bake bread together! Discover the spiritual components of mixing, kneading, and creating in the kitchen. This hands on workshop will have everyone making a loaf of bread.
- 11am - 12pm
- SESSION B: Float between these options:
- Mindful Art (guided by CPC member Delaney Catt) This is a DIY session that provides hands-on art with suggested mindfulness exercises to enrich the experience. OR Journaling (guided by CPC member Rich Henderson) This is a DIY session that will give you tools for journaling constructively and release you from ideas or things that may inhibit the writing process! OR Labyrinth Walk Walk the labyrinth in the courtyard while praying or contemplating. OR Quiet Space Our Sanctuary will be open as a quiet space for reading, praying, writing, or simple silence.
- Closing Lunch: Fresh Baked Bread & Soup
- Closing Lunch We'll break bread (yes, the freshly baked bread of the day) with hot soup as we close the morning together!