- Apr 30 2022
- 8:45 pm - 8:45 pm
Soul Care Day, April 30
Soul Care Day, Saturday April 30, 8:45am to Noon
Does your soul need some care? Some space to breathe and be refreshed? (Do you know anyone whose soul does not need this?)
Join us at CPC for a morning of food for the soul. We’ll begin together upstairs in the Chapel at CPC, then choose from several options for the morning.
- 8:45am – Gather, refreshments, coffee, tea
- 9:00am – Welcome, reflection, and settling our hearts, with Pastor Sharol Hayner
- 9:40 – 10:30 – Optional Breakout Sessions: A or B (+personal time options)
- 10:30 – 11:00 – Refreshment, conversation, music – coffee/tea, bakery, fruit
- 11:00 – 11:50 – Optional Breakout Sessions C or D (+personal time options)
- 11:50 – Noon – Closing time together
Childcare will be provided all morning for younger children.
Breakout Session Options:
Session A – Yoga, with Sabrina Bodden
Experience spirit in movement and breath. Give yourself the gift of time to connect with your body and breath. Bring a yoga mat if you can.
Session B – Encountering God in Your Routines, with David Strait
Pause to reflect on and share where we encounter God in the routines of our day. Hear from several people how they’ve found ways to do this.
Session C – The Word and Words, with Barry Sherbeck
Take some time to Journal, about faith, doubt, life, caring for your soul, making space to notice and process your inner thoughts. Quiet music, and optional writing prompts.
Session D – An Eye to See: Experiencing God in Nature, with Peter Blanchard
One of the ways in we can experience God is through the natural world into which we have been placed. Learn about several approaches to forming this habit.
If you prefer, you can use one of the Breakout Session times for personal time to sit quietly on the hillside or by the lake, take a walk, ride a bike, journal on your own, take in the visual art exhibits, or whatever you choose.